Kevin
Kevin, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

I own a 2012 Nissan qashqai 2.0 petrol CVT. recently the

I own a 2012 Nissan qashqai 2.0 petrol CVT. recently the airbag light starting flashing. My local garage where happy to replace the “ squib’ ring and spring as they had done before, however this solved the airbag light but now the ABS light is flashing. They are saying that another sensor on the steering wheel needs replacing as the car cannot locate the position of the steering wheel. This will also need to be reset by Nissan software main dealer. My question is, is the renewal of this sensor required, and would not a visit to a main dealer to reset the system cure this?
JA: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: Seatbelt?
JA: What is the model of your '12 Nissan?
Customer: N Tech
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, I’ve explained above the work done to date
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nothing thank you
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Not at this time thank you as the garage I’m using need to know if they can complete the job or it need to go to a dealer.
Hi Richard I hope you are well. I’m sorry to hear your warning light for the abs is on and I totally understand how frustrating this is. I have concerns as to how it’s failed in the process of replacing the clock spring I can only assume it’s been damaged in the process of replacement
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hello? Have we lost connection?
Did you not get my reply?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It’s been neatly 2 hours since your initial reply! Ant update or I’m cancelling my membership.
I did reply here it is again.Hi Richard I hope you are well. I’m sorry to hear your warning light for the abs is on and I totally understand how frustrating this is. I have concerns as to how it’s failed in the process of replacing the clock spring I can only assume it’s been damaged in the process of replacement
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok thanks but I didn’t receive your reply for some reason. So what you are saying the ABS related sensor must have been damaged during the initial repair? This is not a common additional fault then?
Not common at all . There is no reason for it not to work after a clock spring replacement
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok thanks so I will discuss this with the garage to see what they say.
No problem.
Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!