sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My car is a Nissan xtrail 2012. It has been to a local

Customer Question

My car is a Nissan xtrail 2012. It has been to a local garage who aree unable to find the fault. I am going to have the car brought back to my home today. Initially whilst driving it there was a clunck sound and power reduced massively. I nursed it back home and next day it would not start. The garage odered a part they thought would help but it did not, though the car does at least start and drive very low power
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: The problem is not the battery as the car turns over no problem
JA: What is the model of your '12 Nissan?
Customer: Nissan Xtrail DCi
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: As I stated it is with a garage who ordered an electronic part which did not resolve the problem
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No. I think that we need a mechanic who understands the make and model of car
Category: Nissan
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 15 days ago.
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know with whom I have the pleasure to talk, also if possible I would like you to send a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you obtained any error code, it would also be convenient. Keep in mind that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you for now dispense with the call, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer, could you tell me why the workshop thought that part was faulty and which part it was? Was a fault code diagnosis done?

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 14 days ago.

Dear customer, first of all, I would like to clarify that this is a general response, since you have not given more details about the problems you present or what your workshop has done, first of all, I would like to invite you to give me more information about your problem, but based on what you have told me I must tell you that you must make a diagnosis from a diagnostic tool, with this tool we can rule out some systems and rely on a more specific section, I do not know what is the nature of the sound that you present, but generally the metallic sounds can come from a knocking in the brake discs when they are pressed inadequately by the caliper, it is convenient that you make these revisions, however I see that you want another workshop to perform these revisions, so if you leave me your location I will be happy to find you a workshop that will help you with this.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.