Phillip H
Phillip H, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

The engine starts stopping almost immediately all the dash

The engine starts stopping almost immediately all the dash lights come on rev counter drops to 0 if the engine does stay running lights still on
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: No not yet
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2006 elgrand e51 import
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No trying to get some idea what it could be before
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so
Hiya

The first port of call would be a full diagnostic code read to determine what code(s) if any are present.  From there a diagnostic path can be established.

A battery test should also be carried out using appropriate equipment such as that supplied by MidiTronics.

If the vehicle is failing to continue to run you are probably looking at either a fuelling issue or an immobiliser issue however without the correct diagnostic information it is impossible to be more precise than that.

Phillip

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks I'll try and get a read see what comes up

Hiya

No problem.  If you do manage to get that completed and need further help I may only be able to offer you limited help as I can't access Nissan Asia Technical Websites.  No information on Elgrand is available via Nissan Europe B2B as it was never designed for the European Market.

Phillip

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I knew that thanks again

Hiya

No problem

Phillip

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks for the reply it seems to have gone away I think it might have been water getting into the fuses in engine bay Thanks for your quick response to my query
Del
Hiya

No problem.

Phillip