sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Hiya, every time I lock my Nissan up a loud continual beep

Customer Question

Hiya, every time I lock my Nissan up a loud continual beep sounds for about 20 seconds, could it be telling me something is wrong,,ie like a rear bulb has gone because it’s coming from the near side rear, ,,,very strange and annoying,
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: It’s three years old reg ..ku67 ewp
JA: What year is your Nissan?
Customer: 2017
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not tried nothing yet it only started yesterday
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No don’t think so
Category: Nissan
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 20 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Did the beeping sound occur at the same time the tail light burned out?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I don’t know if the light has burned out

Dear customer, but the bulb is fused, isn't it? Could you send me a video to appreciate the sound?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
No don’t bother I will take it back to the dealer

Dear customer, the beep you mention seems to be simply an alarm activation warning, I don't think it has to do with the light that has blown, you should replace the light, the beep I would like to hear it, to know if it is an error indicator or the alarm activation warning, in any case you have to know that the error indicators in cars are usually visual on the dashboard and not with sounds. Only faults in nav sat units or infotainment systems usually give audible fault warnings, the only electronic sounds that usually indicate a fault are sort of clicking sounds related to stuck relays, which is not your case.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Hiya, thanks for your help .. but I fiddled about with the wires on the near side lights, could not find any faults with them, so put everything back together, and to my amazement every thing is ok now, so I’m well chuffed, what I was looking at was the rear fog lights n/ s the wire is there but I don’t think there is any bulbs,

Dear customer, i am glad your problem has now been sorted. If there's anything else I could help with later let me know. Kind regards, Sebastian.