sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Key not detected, No it's a stop start quashqai, Nissan

Customer Question

Key not detected
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: No it's a stop start quashqai
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: Nissan qashqai contecta 16 plate
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. It hasn't been driven for a week. Unknown if its car battery? Battery in key fob has been changed
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Nissan
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 19 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I think it might be the cR battery now. Having got back in there is now nothing on the dashboard. The key fob is unlocking and locking the door but nothing else. Can I jump start the car?

Dear customer, is there an indicator on your dashboard?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No nothing now. There was previously which said the key wasn't detected but now there is nothing. The key unlocks the car but doesn't lock it again if outside the vehicle
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Am I going to get a reply?

Dear customer, did you perform any manual configuration process, as recorded in the service manual, or did you do nothing?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No nothing

Dear customer the following instructions will work on most Nissan vehicles, when they are not sufficient, you will need to reprogram the key through a diagnostic tool that has the brand's software or a key reprogramming kit, as there is a possibility that the immobiliser is active.

Nissan Smart Key Programming Instructions 

Get behind the wheel of your Nissan and lock the doors. Insert the Nissan Smart Key into the ignition without starting the car, then remove it. Do this 6 to 10 times, until your vehicle accepts the key, indicated by the hazard lights flashing twice. Once the key is accepted, you have entered program mode. Insert the key into the ignition and turn it to turn on the electronics without starting the engine. Immediately press any button on the Nissan Smart Key. The key should now be programmed. To check it, step away from your vehicle and press the buttons on the Nissan Smart Key. The lights will flash or the horn will sound to indicate successful programming. Be sure to test the proximity functionality of your Nissan Smart Key. You should be able to walk up to your Nissan and open the car door without pressing any buttons.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
How do I insert a key if its a start stop push button?

Dear customer, remember that every car with a smart key has a key hidden in the key ring.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have that but where do I put it?

Dear customer, thank you for clarifying, I have checked again and for your year, unfortunately the keyring configuration must be done from a key reprogramming unit, the cheapest option is through an automotive locksmith, they have better prices than the mechanics.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
OK thank you

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.