sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

The rear crossing traffic sensors will not work as they say

Customer Question

The rear crossing traffic sensors will not work as they say they have an obstruction when they havent
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: no codes, just the little blind spot yeallow icon on the dash.
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: leaf, 2021
JA: Are you fixing your Leaf yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: switching the system off and on again. I have checked that everything has been set up correctly in the menu system
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not yet !
Category: Nissan
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 13 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No error codes, just the yellow warning symbol on the dash - the rear crossing traffic failure symbol

The call is not necessary dear customer, it is an automatic view of the system, when did you make these modifications?

Dear customer this happened suddenly? this normally occurs when the sensors become decalibrated which causes them to start detecting objects out of range or even parts of the vehicle itself, when this problem occurs you must perform a reset of the sensor data or even replace them in the worst case.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.