BrookerMechanic
BrookerMechanic,
Experience:  dasdasd
114994970

The roof mechanism will not put the passenger window up. I

Customer Question

Good afternoon. The roof mechanism will not put the passenger window up. I can hear the mechanism working but the window doesn't move. Tried putting the roof up and down several times but no luck with the passenger window. Any ideas?
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: Nissan Micra cc 1600 2006
JA: Are you fixing your Micra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Have removed the passenger door card because I thought I might be able to push it up manually but that's not possible. My plan was to prop it in place with a piece of wood hahaha
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I need to know how to get the back seats out so I can pull off the plastic trim panel in the back.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  BrookerMechanic replied 16 days ago.

I am here to look into your question today, so please feel free to ask me anything required to resolve your problem! We all understand it can be annoying when your auto is not operating as expected but not to worry I will do my utmost to help get it sorted. I am just looking at the information you have provided now, so bear with me for a few moments, please.Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

Hello and welcome, let's see if I can help you today with your Nissan.

OK, so sounds like the cable has snapped in the window mechanism if you can still hear the window motor running.

You should be able to buy the mechanism separately without having to buy another motor.

Sorry why do you need to remove the rear seats?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
that I can remove the plastic trim panel in the back to get at the mechanism on the passenger side where the sound is coming from.

Ah OK, they are just clipped into position, just try pulling hard and they should release from the frame.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok I will have a go .

Good luck.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have pulled with all my strength but they didn't move. There must be fixing bolts.
Expert:  BrookerMechanic replied 15 days ago.

Ok, can you pull the cushions back and see any retaining bolts?

I am checking for some diagrams...what is the exact model and year?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
As I texted before Nissan Micra cc 1600 2006

Sorry, it didn't all come up.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Nissan Micra cc 1600 2006