Steve
Steve, vehicle technician
Experience:  Garage owner for thirty years
106618989

The engine management light and the yellow traction control

The engine management light and the yellow traction control light are on, mechanics have replaced the exhaust pressure sensor and the acceleration pedel but they are still on
JA: Do you know the code? Did you check the fuses?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 13 plate nissan Juke Acenta DCI
JA: Are you fixing your JUKE yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's been to two garages but neither have fixed it, the exhaust pressure sensor has been changed and the acceleration pedal was changed
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, I have a concern with the sat nav but that's of no consequence

Welcome to JA. My name is***** am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade. I will be happy to assist you today. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly. Please do feel free to send me your name so that I know who I have the pleasure of speaking with. You will receive an offer of a phone call by the system, this only needs to be accepted if you wish to speak to me, I can otherwise continue to answer your questions via the thread. At times you may experience a delay in receiving my message, let me assure you I will give you my full attention, but may need time to type out the reply.

Can you let me have the registration number please so that I may retrieve the details.

Steve

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
VO13OZW

Thank you for that, please give me a short moment to retrieve the details.

Steve

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I won't be fixing it myself but I want idea of how difficult or expensive this repair will be

Thank you I now have the details of your Nissan Juke diesel, can I ask do you know what codes have been retrieved from the vehicles computer, and also did the problem start with both lights coming up at once (the  traction and the engine management)

Steve

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Engine management light on for while then traction came on

Thank you for that, and I am presuming that the codes retrieved by the garage were pertaining to the pressure sensor and the accelerator pedal, as these were replaced.

Steve

Sorry to keep asking questions but I am trying to get a idea of the problem, after the work by either of the garages, did the lights go off for a while, also do you know it the garages used Nissan software to diagnose the problem.

Steve

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
the lights went out then if you drive for a mile or two they both come back on. The car drives perfectly well, no juddering

Thank you for that, please give me a moment to write out the possible problems and solutions that that may be at the root of the problem.

Steve

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for your patience in waiting.

There is a fault which has been associated with the Juke which gives the very symptoms you have. When an engine fault such as the throttle pedal or the exhaust pressure sensor fail, these will normally only activate the engine management light, the traction light is normally activated by a problem in the ABS or traction control. This will then cause the engine management light to illuminate as the engine performance will be limited to prevent any problems occurring from a failed traction control system.

There is a bulletin that the software on the module may need updating, and this should be checked out at the dealers.

Another common failure which can cause this issue is a leak of air between the intercooler and throttle body, a modified pipe was produced to cover this as the two parts replaced would have been pertinent to the same codes, this should be checked the modified pipe for is part number 14460 1FE0C and is under £60

Finally a problem I have come across on the juke which gives the  same faults is a mis alignment of the steering position sensor, this needs to be set up using diagnostic equipment, and should take less than 1/2 hour for a qualified mechanic.

I hope this answers your question but I want you to be 100% happy with the answer so do please feel free to ask any further details if there is any point which you are uncertain of, by replying to this thread. I am happy to help.

Thank you for using Just Answer

Steve

It was a pleasure to assist you today and I hope I helped. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries. If at any time in the future you wish to ask another question you can contact me directly by typing @R-Steve2019 in the text box.

Thank you for using Just Answer

Steve