How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. K. Your Own Question
Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 4835
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. K. is online now

For about the last four years my clitoris has become painful

This answer was rated:

For about the last four years my clitoris has become painful (I'm 49) - only feel the pain during sex, it's a dull ache, not any of the normal symptoms they write about online. I live in a small village and am too embarrassed to go to doctor about it, as I bump into them in the local stores. Is it just menopausal or should I private to get it checked out?
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

This is not a normal sign of menopause and is not common due to normal vaginal dryness.

You should see a Dr for an exam. Some women develop a condition called lichen sclerosis which is a skin condition that may cause these symptoms.

It can be diagnosed by physical exam and biopsy. It is easily treated with steroid cream. Let me know what questions you have.
Dr. K. and other OB GYN Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you. If you have further questions, please let me know. Come back anytime if you need more help.