How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. K. Your Own Question
Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 4829
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. K. is online now

Helo please help me. When i was fifteen i had a cyst/growth

This answer was rated:

Helo please help me. When i was fifteen i had a cyst/growth that developed in my left fallopian tube that caused problems in urination and caused stomach pains. I was admitted to the hospital and i had it removed, however this affected the tube and so i had my left tube removed/tied during that operation as well. Even after the surgery i have and still to this day had my normal monthly mentrual flow. With no problems whats so ever. However i have been with my boyfriend for four years now and we realy want a baby. We have been trying for one and a half years now and have not been successful yet. I am 21 and he is 24 and we realy want to have a baby now. Please advice if something is wrong with me??
Hello and welcome to Just Answer

It sounds like it may be time for you both to begin an infertility workup. After a year and a half of trying,you should be pregnant. From your history, it appears that you only have one tube but you should still be able to become pregnant. Its possible that the surgery may have cause adhesions or scarring that has affected the other tube and ovary.

In addition, half of all infertility in couples is related to the male. Despite your history, there could still be a problem with your boyfriend. The first step is for him to get a semen analysis done to be sure he is fine.

The next step would be to consider a hysterosalpingogram which is a dye test to see if your tubes are open. This is a simple outpatient procedure. You may also need a laparoscopy which is an outpatient surgery to take an actual look at the remaining tube and ovary. This would be the last step, of course.

I hope this information is helpful to you.
Dr. K. and other OB GYN Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your payment. If you have questions or need more help please respond to me.