How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Owen Your Own Question
Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 55754
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr Owen is online now

my second child will be 6years,i used iud after her birth for

This answer was rated:

my second child will be 6years,i used iud after her birth for 2 and half years.i had it remove in 2012. have been trying to get pregnant since then.hormonal test comes out normal but i dont have my period regularly,i can go for 3months without period,i have taken drugs, some injections, done hsg twice, result are conflicting;one reads tubal occlusion other spasm. can tubal occlusion stop my period? can i have occlusion after two normal birth? how can i be help please, im now 38years.

A tubal occlusion will NOT stop a period.

This sounds like you have a possible thyroid condition and if so then you need to take a medication such as synthroid.

YOu might have a problem with PCOS - Polycystic ovarian syndrome - and if so then you will need to take a medication such as Metformin every day.

And then if you are still having problems and you still want to get pregnant and everything seems to be normal - then I would suggest doing IVF - Invitro Fertilization to get pregnant.

I wish you well

Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you today
Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

is occlusion ruled out,if not what test can confirm the state of my tubes?

how can i know its thyroid condition or pcos



There is a test called Chromopertubation - which any ob/gyn can do for you.
To check your thyroid you need a TSH thyroid blood test
and to check PCOS - you need an ultrasound

I hope this helps.
Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you
thank you
Dr Owen and other OB GYN Specialists are ready to help you