How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General practice
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 36086
Experience:  I have had years of experience with Outpatient Medicine and have treated many routine GYN disorders.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

My daughter had a termination over 20 years agoTwo years

This answer was rated:

My daughter had a termination over 20 years ago
Two years ago she had two miscarraiges and was told she has to have 3 before they investigate further
She is now 4o years old and distressed and wanting a child.
What is your advice
Hi--are you saying that so far she hasn't had any testing for the problem? Was there a problem found for the two miscarriages two years ago?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the miscarriage occurred bothe times at 2 months and no reason was given

OK--so is she now trying to get pregnant and so far has been unsuccessful?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's correct

OK--has she had any workup at all to see what the problem might be? And, if not, why not?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She has to wait for another miscarriage before the local doctor refer her for further investigation.

Her partner has two children of his own.

I think her blood group is rhesus negative.

Could the problem be linked to previous termination?

OK--and we can continue after this. Possibly the problem could be related to the previous termination causing the two miscarriages, but that wouldn't be related to the problem she's having now with getting pregnant. She needs a full workup that would include estrogen, progesterone, LH, and FSH levels as well as a pelvic ultrasound to start with. There could be a hormonal problem or there could be a physical problem as with blocked tubes, retrograde uterus, fibroids, or something call polycystic ovarian syndrome or possibly endometriosis. There's no sense in waiting to see if she gets pregnant and then has another miscarriage before these investigations, so she needs to be referred to a fertility specialist gynecologist
Dr. Chip and other OB GYN Specialists are ready to help you