How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Owen Your Own Question
Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 55754
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr Owen is online now

Hi, General Sexual Intercourse seems to be a problem, I

This answer was rated:

General Sexual Intercourse seems to be a problem, I am a generally healthy female in my mid- thirties but my vaginal area is very tight & does not seem to naturally loosen for a penis to fully insert, only high-way? So full sexual intercourse has not as yet happened successfully! Help?
Dr Owen : Hello
Dr Owen : have you ever had a baby vaginally?

Hi how are you?


No not as yet.

Dr Owen : Have you used any play toys to help?

For sexual arousal & to try to loosen up, my partner has licked & used his fingers, which still did not really help.

Dr Owen : Okay
Dr Owen : what you need to do is use vaginal dilators to help to open the vagina
Dr Owen : this will help yiu
Dr Owen : plus using a good lubricant such as Astroglide during the training with the vaginal dilators

What are dilators?

Dr Owen : They are something like a dildo that come in various sizes and you place in your vagina starting with a small size to eventually train your vagina to open the vagina to the desired diameter.

Where are those available from?

Dr Owen : So e places are over the counter or available at a health Vitamin store, you have to look around.
Dr Owen : Also you can order online
Dr Owen : See here
Dr Owen :

OK, thanks. But just in case if those do-not help could there be any other reason?

Dr Owen : This is quite normal and the dilators will help.
Dr Owen : if you are not getting help, please get a pelvic exam from your ob gyn but it should be
Dr Owen : help
Dr Owen : you just have to use the dilators. And use them daily to allow them to work.
Dr Owen : I wish you well
Dr Owen : please click on EXCELLENT
Dr Owen and other OB GYN Specialists are ready to help you