Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General practice
Experience:  I have had years of experience with Outpatient Medicine and have treated many routine GYN disorders.
18722459
OB GYN

Hi suffer with PCOS and the last time I had a period was 5

months ago... I have started... Show More
months ago... I have started my period 4 days ago which is naturally heavy and I am taking northisterone and codeine
What I've noticed is a constant pain where my left ovary is if I sneeze or cough it hurts when the pain relief is wearing off even breathing causes me to be uncomfortable ... I'm assuming this pain which is manageable with pain relief is to do with PCOS
OR should I be concerned..
Show Less
Hi. It's possible that one of your ovarian cysts has ruptured and that can be quite painful. However, ruptured cysts can bleed significantly so it would be best to see your doctor and to get a pelvic ultrasound