How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General practice
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 35493
Experience:  I have had years of experience with Outpatient Medicine and have treated many routine GYN disorders.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I was so worried I went to test my self for chlamydia today.

Customer Question

I was so worried I went to test my self for chlamydia today. So I shouldn't be worried? I still need to go to see a gynaecologist soon right?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--sorry for the delay. Was the test negative?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hey sorry I was trying to replay to another dr.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Neta but now that I'm here can you tell me more about this situation?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Well I am worried after having bleeding after sex. I am taking the pill miness for more than 5 years now and looping packs occasionally ( starting fresh pack after the 21 pill) to avoid periods. Now I'm in my 8th pill after looping one pack. I had sudden bleeding about 3 weeks ago - but I have missed one pill that time. And now after having sex few days ago. Not really right after but little after and some on the day after. And same thing happen again- all in like the last few days. I have no other symptoms of nothing only bleeding and not much. I am a bit worried. Do you think I can have sex tonight If I stopped bleeding this morning? U haven't recived test results yet. But only did it cuz was very worried.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Well this doesn't sound like an infection problem as with chlamydia Neta. Sounds like a hormonal imbalance. While there's probably no problem with your having sex tonight you should let your doctor know about this so you can get checked out
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is there anything I can do now to make it stop? Like taking extra pill or something?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
No--an extra pill right now won't help Neta. This most likely will stop soon