How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.M.D.Mazumdar Your Own Question
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 9308
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar is online now

On depo but my doctor wants me to come off because of bone

This answer was rated:

On depo injection, but my doctor wants me to come off it because of bone density risks. what can i use to stop my periods ? asked for a hysterectomy but she said no. i am 47.

i have been offered the coil etc but don't really want that procedure as i am still a virgin.

please help !

Being on Depo for a long time can cause bone density risks. But the alternative to that is the Mirena IUD. You can also go in for a endometrial ablation - a procedure that will remove (ablate) or destroy the endometrial lining. That procedure is also done vaginally.
I am afraid that there are no oral medicines which will stop your period permanently. You can try birth control pills like Seasonique which prevent periods for 3 months at a time.
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar and other OB GYN Specialists are ready to help you