Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.

What I don't understand is that just after my daughter was

what I don't understand is that just after my daughter was born I had a coil fitted and had it in place for 5 years I had it taken out last August. Then I had the current one fitted and I was fine with it until 2 months ago when I had some cramping which I put down too time of the month. Then last month I really bad stomach pains that are as strong as contractions I eventually had a bleed which lasted for 5 days and was heavier than previous. The contractions in my stomach haven't improved I think that might have got worse.
You need to see a Dr to be sure the iud is in the correct position. Bleeding is very common with a new iud, even if you have had one before. Pain may indicate infection that must be treated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will try and get a doctors appointment not sure when as getting GP appointments in the uk is not easy.

When you have an iud, having pain is an emergency, it would warrant you being seen in an emergency clinic.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have an Appointment to see the doctor this morning.
great, please consider giving me a positive rating.