How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS Your Own Question
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 1889
Experience:  MBBS(CAL)MD(G&O)
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS is online now

I wonder if you could help. I currently have what I

This answer was rated:

I wonder if you could help. I currently have what I would describe as a split at the entrance of my vagina. I do get these quite often after sex, I have been told I have sensitive skin there. However, I have not had sex for over 7 weeks.
I am a little concerned about herpes, although I am not sure it would be at this point. In a little more detail, I have stopped taking my contraceptive PIL this last month (as I am not sexually active now and wanted a break). I am currently doing a detox, so I am drinking high volumes of water, this means I am urinating a lot, could it be from this?
The tear is not particularly deep, it is clean and looks more like dry skin peeled off. I had no pain or tingling or any other symptoms. I have a slight habit of checking myself and in fact was not aware anything was different until I checked. Perhaps it was the stretching of the skin that caused the tear? It is slightly painful now (but very minor) and I think part of that is because I know its there.
Are there other reasons than herpes?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I should add. This would be my first outbreak if it were herpes. I have seen a gyn who has seen when I have had a tear after sex before and said I have sensitive skin. I also had a negative herpes test on one of these tears a couple of years ago. So would I get my first outbreak over 7 weeks since sex?
HelloAccording to your description I think it is a fungal infection.It seems to be cracked skin usually found in moniliasis.In my opinion apply some anti fungal ointment like CANDID for 7 days and you will be relieved.Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** ask what would be the symptoms of a first herpes outbreak? Is it more likely I'd have blistering and itching? Also how soon would you expect an outbreak? Just trying to rule it out. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Or rule it out s best I can
Thanks You can do a PCR test ,a culture test and antibody test to rule out herpes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I understand that, but I didn't really want to put myself through the stress if there is no need. So I am asking would there have been more specific symptoms that would indicate herpes over say a fungal infection?
Thanksthere are so many similarities between two disease like itching and cracked skin.But is case of herpes the blisters are very prominent and after rupture they are very much painful and also there will be flue like symptoms.Thank you again
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS and other OB GYN Specialists are ready to help you