How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.M.D.Mazumdar Your Own Question
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 9315
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar is online now

I'm at my wits end. Have had thrush doesn't

Customer Question

I'm at my wits end. Have had thrush for years doesn't seem to go away fully also have uti regularly yo the point having my fourth urethral dilitation in one weeks time have been put on meds anti spasm in the interim to see if it helps
But what is most concerning for me is the pain I get I my vagina it's now on the right wall it feels like soar and sex is always painful about 12 hours later I'm in pain What's wrong with me. To add I have three children
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is anyone looking at my question?
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Thrush causes inflammation of the vaginal tissues. In most cases, this s a localized inflammation which may cause irritation.In some women however, especially in cases where there are repeated infections, the inflammation may be quite severe and may even affect tissues deeper than the vaginal wall. Pressure on these tissues during sex may cause further flaring up of inflammation and this may cause severe pain.In your case, this is probably what has happened.Please take Ibuprofen tablets 200mg twice a day as soon as the first symptoms of thrush appears - this will help decrease the severity of inflammation and reduce the pain. If you are in pain now, please start the Ibuprofen tablets.I hope this helps.Please click on a positive rating to leave feedback.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why do I keep having it and it is so persistent when I do
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 2 years ago.
Repeated yeast infection is usually due to a deficient lactobacillus in the vagina affecting the vaginal ph. Taking antibiotics to cure the yeast infection further reduces the lactobacillus level leading to a flare up later on.I am sure that you have been advised to take lactobacillus /probiotic capsules. Besides this you can also take boric acid tablets which may be more effective than probiotics.Applying yogurt directly inside the vagina is also helpful.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thankyou so much
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome.Please click on a positive rating to leave feedback