How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Monika Hearne, M.D. Your Own Question
Monika Hearne, M.D.
Monika Hearne, M.D., Board Certified OB/GYN
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 5180
Experience:  With experience and compassion, I treat my patients like family.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Monika Hearne, M.D. is online now

I have lower abdominal pain. It feels like period pains. I have had

Customer Question

I have lower abdominal pain. It feels like period pains. I have had this for approx 3 weeks, and I have finished my current period on Wednesday 17 Feb. I still have the pain. I am 49 years old.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am still waiting for a reply to the above. Extra details - I have not had a smear test for over 10 years stupidly. Am really worried its cervical or ovarian cancer. Can you please reply.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Thank you,
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am a cancer doctor.I am sorry you are having these pains.have you been sexually active? sexual activity can often cause trauma and bleeding and that is more common than cervical cancer or ovarian cancer.ovarian cancer would not tend to cause excessive vaginal bleeding.uterine fibroids are very common and tend to cause more bleeding as wellyou need to go to your GP doctor or the A&E hospital and get a gyn examination and pelvic ultrasound.chances of cancer are still small at your you have a GP doctor? or hospital where you can go and get some testing?