How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. SH Your Own Question
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 8808
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. SH is online now

My 20 year old daughter has not had her periods yet. She did

Customer Question

My 20 year old daughter has not had her periods yet. She did suffer from anorexia at fourteen but is fully recovered and weight restored by now. She was given the contraceptive pill for three months and she did have bleeds. Now that she's stopped taking it as requested by the doctor they have stopped again. She might want children in the future and I fear that she will be lacking in calcium. Hopefully she will be seeing the doctor again in a few weeks time. What further test could she have and what questions should she ask-thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.The best thing to do is to consult her GP first and he/she will request various tests to be done or you should make the tests.These tests would be hormonal tests such as:Thyroid hormone testEstrogenProgesterone testFSHLH ProlactinThese tests will tell us whether her hormones are okay or will identify the exact problem with the hormones which can then be treated accordingly.I would strongly recommend that she be seen by a GP first and then referred to an endocrinologist or a gynecologist, if required.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards