How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Norm S. Your Own Question
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 11288
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. Norm S. is online now

I had an aborsion about 3 months ago just wondering about

Customer Question

I had an aborsion about 3 months ago just wondering about pid i having symptoms such as pain in my vagina and pain after sex and unusual vaginal discharge please !!!where can i go to get yested for it
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

If you have your own doctor, that is often the best place to go for care. Diagnosing pelvic pain and PID can be difficult, so if possible, I would try to see a good OB/GYN doctor.

Consider going back to the place where you had the abortion. They should be committed to your aftercare from the abortion.

Vaginal pain and pain after sex and unusual discharge could certainly be due to PID. PID is unusual after an abortion, but it certainly can occur. If you have PID, the sooner it's treated, the better the outcome. Best wishes.