How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. SH Your Own Question
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 8808
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. SH is online now

I'm a 53 year old, I had a pelvic floor repair (top and

This answer was rated:

Hello, I'm a 53 year old, I had a pelvic floor repair (top and bottom ) last November, my problem is that intercourse is still painfull, the pain seems to be at the entrance to the vagina, is this normal and is it always going to be like this, it's making me feel very down as I thought having the operation would put things back to normal.

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Have you been seen for this problem?

What does your gynaecologist think is the reason for this?

Did you have the exact same problem prior to surgery?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I have seen my GP, not much help, It is not the same problem that I had originally, I had a vaginal wall prolapse top and bottom, now the entrance to the vagina seems too tight.

Thank you for your response.

I am sorry for my late response.

I think that the best thing to do is to get a referral to a gynaecologist from your GP.

I would prefer that you should be referred, if possible, to the same gyaecologist who did your surgery.

Treatment options include various dilators to help open up the entrance of the vagina which will help with your pain.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Please do submit a rating when you are done.
Kindest regards

Dr. SH and other OB GYN Specialists are ready to help you