Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I have a uterine lining of 3.7mm, this seems too thin?

Hi, I have a uterine lining of 3.7mm, this seems too thin ?
Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?
Customer: no never I have had 2 miscarriages and wondered if this could bt eh cause
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: 2 miscarriages
This is a normal measurement. The uterine lining measurement is really only used past menopause to gauge risk of cancer. Its not helpful at all in menstruating women and has a wide range depending on the time in the menstrual cycle it is taken. It has nothing to do with fertility or miscarriage.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
thank you, ***** ***** I've seen lots of information stating it should be between 6 and 10mm. I also have 2 cysts on my ovaries, 1 30mm and a 21x27x25mm cyst with internal echoes, scan appearances suggest a haemorrhagic cyst. I am having another u/s on 9th Aug to determine whether they have grown, but could these also cause miscarriage issues
That's pretty thick and of course would only be in the second half of the cycle. those cysts are small and likely functional. They are not the cause of miscarriage. Hopefully the next pregnancy will go just fine
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
thank you so much, you have put my mind at rest. so you wouldn't recommend baby aspirin or estrogen?