Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I had a HIV antibody rapid finger stick test (3rd generation

I had a HIV antibody rapid finger stick test (3rd generation test). This was 5 weeks after a potential low risk exposure. It was negative. I know current guidelines state that no results are conclusive until 3 months have elapsed, however in your professional opinion, what kind of results am I looking at? Is there a change that I would have made enough antibodies at 5 weeks for the test to pick up?

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

As such chances are that your result are fairly accurate.Most people will develop detectable antibodies approximately 28 days (4 weeks).

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Would you happen to know the % of people who develop the antibodies 4 weeks after? I know you can't give me a definite but a rough estimate of the % of people from any studies etc would be appreciated.Thanks,

90% to 95%.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you. You've been very helpful.

Thank You.