Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I am 36 weeks pregnant with my second child. At 36 weeks

I am 36 weeks pregnant with my second child. At 36 weeks plus 2 i had a routine growth scan due to the fact that my midwife was concerned my baby might be breech. Positioning was found to be fine but i have some queries on the other measurements.My baby is measuring on the small end of the normal range on my custom growth chart - 2633gAmniotic deepest pool is 4.3cmUmbilical artery PI is 1.12, RI is 0.69, Tamx is -23.90 cm/s, S/D Ratio is 3.18. Positive end diastolic flow.Im concerned because my umbilical artery numbers seem to be showing near the higher 90/95 centiles and my S/D ratio is over 3. Is this indicative of anything to worry about? Is this likely to suggest any problems which would lead to low birth weight or a requirement for early delivery? If so I would like to schedule a c section where there is time to do so, but would prefer to avoid this if everything is fine with my baby.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. Its hard to comment on this as you have not provided any reference normals. But the weight for 36 weeks does not seem “on the low end”. Its normal for even 40 weeks. The amniotic pocket is over 2 so normal. And you have normal appearing umbilical artery values. If your dr were concerned, he or she would start non stress testing and do another scan in 3 weeks. Scheduling a c section does not sound indicated
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your response. I've attached a screenshot of the scan results which doesn't show reference ranges but does show a bar to indicate which centiles the results fall on.I believe the weights and measurements have been customised based on my pre-pregnancy weight and previous baby size which may be why the weight is on the low end for me but not for other people and their pregnancies.Are the Tamx and S/D Ratios normal? I couldn't find any information on the Tamx online, and the SD ration seemed to need to be below 3?
This is a normal ultrasound. The weights and measurements are certainly not customized based on your weight or previous baby. The scale is based on data from all women. The results are normal.