Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, 5 years experience in the field of General Surgery and Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Having my first proper period for about 5 months and I'm

Having my first proper period for about 5 months and I'm bleeding very heavily. Having to change tampon every 45 minutes to an hour.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

You are most likely in your perimenopausal period and have hormonal fluctuations. Heavy bleeding is expected for few hours, however you have to keep yourself well hydrated by taking lots of fluids to avoid blood volume loss. If bleeding does not decrease in 6 to 10 hours or you feel symptoms like dizziness then do see a doctor.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
if this persists through tomorrow, I need to see my GP?

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, that is correct or if the bleeding becomes worse or your blood pressure drops or you feel dizzy then seek urgent care for thorough examination. Take lots of fluids to replace blood loss.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

My pleasure.

Best wishes.