wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have suffered from pcos since I was 17 I am now 23. I am

Customer Question

Hi I have suffered from pcos since I was 17 I am now 23. I am healthy and regularly go gym and eat healthy too. My BMI is 22. I had previously been on and off the pill for my excessive hair growth but I never remained on it consistantly. I had tried for baby for over a year but nothing, no periods. However, for the past two months decemeber I had a “bleed” of brown discharge which lasted around a week and then again last week thursday currently very light almost gone still brown. Me and my partner have been trying again for 6 months now but still nothing. Have also started ovulation tests but so far no positive. Not sure what this brown discharge is? Could it be a period or not? Is there any medication I could ask for to get my periods and ovulation naturally going. I dont want to go on the pill that will not help me concieve. I have also had many scans before my tubes are not blocked and ovaries have been said to look fine in the times that I have done the scans. Is there anything you recommend? I have heard of metformin but have been told that I have to be overweight to use this? Is there are argument for this?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 4 months ago.

When was your last pelvic exam
do you have any other symptoms?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Last exam was about a year ago. No I only have the irregular or not periods at all and the excessive hair growth. No other medical problems and dont take any other medications.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS