Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, 5 years experience in the field of General Surgery and Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have an area on the left side of my vagina wall that is

I have an area on the left side of my vagina wall that is rough and bumpy like small pimples. After I have touched it it hurts and feels scratchy. Is it possible to be genital warts? It has been like this for sometime. A year at least.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

From the description of your symptoms, it sounds like a wart but a thorough examination is required by a doctor to confirm the diagnosis. Wart has a typical cauliflower-like appearance with pointed ends.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If it is a wart is it possible to remove from that deep inside the vagina? Can I still have sex?

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it can be removed without affecting your sex life.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How long would it take to remove
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is it typical that they are painful?

Yes, it can be painful. It is usually treated by applying salicylic acid by repeated use for 3 to 4 weeks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

My pleasure.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
To let you know I had this checked by gynacologist and they told me it was just normal folds and ridges