wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I'm 49 and menopausal. I have just noticed five black spots

Customer Question

I'm 49 and menopausal . I have just noticed five black spots on my labia . I have been itching here for approx two months but only today looked .
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 8 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 8 months ago.

It is hard to say what could be causing these spots without an exam.

So. What should you do?

In order to figure out exactly what is causing these black spots the best course of action would be to see your OB/GYN for a complete exam including a pelvic. If necessary one of these lesions can be biopsied and tissue sent to the pathologist for evaluation.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS