Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, 5 years experience in the field of General Surgery and Emergency Medicine.
27273415

L just had ultrasound scan today as last one was a year ago.

Hello l
Hi just had ultrasound scan today as last one was a year ago. Have been having spotting 4/5 in middle cycle. It said my endometrium lining was 13mm on day 21 cycle is that bad???
Report say uterus normal size, shape.
endometrium appears slightly heterogeneous. There appears to be a echogenic focus with blood supply and such to be a endometrial polyp. Both ovaries appear normal no masses cysts or fluid. So not sure to be worried or not. ???
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Have you seen my question, it seem like you are working on it but not had reply

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Your endometrial thickness is normal for day 21 and the report says there are small irregular shadows in the endometrium which is most likely an endometrial polyp. I do not see anything o worry about. You just need to followup with your gynecologist to relate this clinically and make a diagnosis.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
13mm thickness wouldn't be linked to pre cancer/cancer. Also is the polyp big measurement was 4.4mm X 6.2 mm is that large for a polyp. What would they do with it. Is that the cause of the heavy bleeding day 4 then the spotting for 4/5 days after my period ended for 2 days.
I had DCIS in 2012 all removed and been totally fine since. No further treatment needed. So hence why I worry so much.
Just worry this could be cancer. Also what does endometrium appears slight heterogeneous. Sorry for the questions

ThankS for the reply.

It is a small polyp and mostly they are benign and can be a cause of bleeding . It can be removed surgically or sometimes just observed. Your doctor can decide the exact treatment for you considering history examination and investigation findings.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what does endometrium appears slightly heterogeneous mean. Can they tell uterus cancer from ultrasound?

Heterogeneous means irregular texture that can be due to polyp and ultrasound cannot tell its cancer or not.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
could it mean cancer normally?
So does it mean can't tell if polyp is cancer or lining. The lady didn't seem concern who done scan

Polyp is usually not cancerous and your ultrasound does not sound grossly abnormal so nothing t worry about do not stress yourself.