Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I am having cervical polyp removed on monday, but I might

Customer Question

I am having cervical polyp removed on monday, but I might start my period on this day, can i still have the surgery?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Well it purely depends on your doctor . Some dont see a problem while others prefer doing it when there is no active bleed. However theoretically there is an increased risk of infection if the procedure is done during active bleed hence its preferable to get it done earlier or later then your period .

Hope it answers your query.

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Please remember to reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Stay blessed.

Regard

Hello ,

I hope you are great . This is to remind you to please reward credit for the consult by leaving a positive rating . You can do it by clicking 5 stars on top of your page.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Dr Saleem.