wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I am 7 weeks pregnant. This is my 4th pregnancy. 2 children

Customer Question

I am 7 weeks pregnant. This is my 4th pregnancy. 2 children delivered by c-section and one abortion.
I went to the doctors as I was bleeding who transferred me to my EPU at my local hospital. They found that the bleeding wasn’t their concern it was more the fact the Fetus is very low down in my uterus and possibly implanted into my c-Section scar. I was asked to return in a few days when a consultant was present. They scanned me again and found that at present the pregnancy is viable however next to my c-section scar. They have asked me to come back in a 2weeks as they want to see the baby grow up and away from my scarring. Understandably have been in much distress as I don’t know if this pregnancy is going to continue. I don’t know what to make of what they’re saying.
Can you offer anymore advice?Thank you.Siobhan
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
am 7 weeks pregnant. This is my 4th pregnancy. 2 children delivered by c-section and one abortion.
I went to the doctors as I was bleeding who transferred me to my EPU at my local hospital. They found that the bleeding wasn’t their concern it was more the fact the Fetus is very low down in myuterus and possibly implanted into my c-Section scar. I was asked to return in a few days when a consultant was present. They scanned me again and found that at present the pregnancy is viable however next to my c-section scar. They have asked me to come back in a 2weeks as they want to see the baby grow up and away from my scarring. Understandably have been in much distress as I don’t know if this pregnancy is going to continue. I don’t know what to make of what they’re saying.
Can you offer anymore advice?Thank you.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

While I fully understand your concerns it sounds like you are getting excellent care and all that can be done is being done.

There is no way to change where the fetus has implanted in your uterus so the only thing that can be done is to monitor this pregnancy very, very closely for any complications related to being close to your c section scar.

As they said, it is very possible that as the baby and the placenta continue to grow that they will move away from the scar and everything will be OK.

So. What is the take home message?

1. Do your best not to worry.

2. Continue to have close follow up for the entire pregnancy

3. Call your OB/GYN with any concerns, bleeding etc right away

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS