Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, 5 years experience in the field of General Surgery and Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I would really appreciate some advice on chronic pain that

I would really appreciate some advice on chronic pain that is in my right thigh, groin lower back and buttock. I have had the pain for over 2 years on & off but for the past month it has been constant and I am so worried this is ovarian cancer. When it started 2 years ago I went to ER and they carried out a transvaginal scanand was told everything was ok. I was last in ER in December 2017 and had had another vaginal scan and an abdominal ultrasound and was simply told all ok and GYN were discharging me. I asked for a MRI scan but was told this was a waste of time and money. Do you think I should pay privately for a MRI scan? Would the transvaginal scan 5 months ago detected ovarian cancer?My periods are normal, I’m 40 no children and no other symptoms other than the pain. My last cervical screening was 3 years ago which was okand I had one a couple of weeks ago and waiting for the results. Any help would be much appreciated as I am going out of my mind with worry.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I can understand your concerns but this does not look like ovarian cancer at all. This seems to be nerve related pain which causes such symptoms as nerves exiting from the lower back supply these areas and their irritation and compression can cause pain. MRI of the back should be done and would suggest seeing a pan physician to find the exact cause so that treatment can be suggested accordingly.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thanks for the speedy response and apologies for the poor drafting.I typed on my phone in a hurry. Can I just ask, would the ultrasound and transvaginal scan look at all GYN areas?

Yes, both of these look at almost all gyne areas and if no abnormal finding is picked on them no further testing is required though an MRI can be done for patient reassurance.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I was worried it is gyne as it started as groin/lower abdominal pain and only recently started in my back, buttock and thigh. I looked on the internet and saw that tumours can cause pain, hence my worry and anxiety. I suppose thinking about it a tumour causing pain would have shown up on scans a few months ago.

Thank for the reply.

Do not stress yourself it should have been picked up n both the scans if it was tumor, however, you can get an MRI for further reassurance.

Please do not forget to click on 5 stars.

Best wishes.