Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I took Ellaone at just after my period and it’s now not

Customer Question

HiI took Ellaone at just after my period and it’s now not long before my next one is it safe to take levonelle?Regards
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. Its safe to take an emergency contraceptive pill any time you have unprotected sex. It doesnt matter when you took the last one or when your period is due. Taking one or two emergency contraceptives will lead to irregular bleeding and a delayed period. Its normal and expected. You should see a Dr to start a reliable method of birth control