wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have various health complaints. I had cancer as a child

Customer Question

I have various health complaints. I had cancer as a child (osteosarcoma) and had my thigh bone, knee and calf bone replaced as a result with an internal prosthesis. I have had it replaced a couple of times and it is worn a little now so I struggle with mobility. As a result of the chemo I had I have kidney issues (filter problems, my kidneys don't retain magnesium, potassium etc) so I have to take alot supplements and sometimes have weekly/bi-weekly infusions in hospital. I have cardiomyopathy as a result of the chemo too. I take various heart meds. I have had severe heart failure although my condition is stable on these meds now. I also have a brain tumour, tectal plate glioma, that is unrelated. It is low grade and is under surveillance. I have two children. I found out I was pregnant recently. I did not think I could cope physically or mentally with another child (I have anxiety and take citalopram) so arranged a termination. When I got my clinic appointment and had my scan it turned out I was 12 weeks. I felt horrendous but knew I still had to go through with it. It was six weeks before I was given an appointment for surgery. The surgery went OK. I have severe guilt and mental issues surrounding this but I also have some physical symptoms. The op was three and a half weeks ago. I am absolutely exhausted. I am confused, sometimes I forget where I am. I am in a cold sweat a lot. My limbs ache so much, especially my left arm. So much so that I can't sleep (although I can't switch off enough to sleep at the moment anyway). I also feel hypoglycemic. I only know that this is what I'm feeling because I had tests for something years ago (diabetes I imagine) where they deliberately lower your blood sugar. I bled heavily after the op for about two and a half weeks but it is very light if at all now. Can you tell me what is wrong with me? Thank you.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 2 months ago.

How old are you?

M/F?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am 34 and female. As I say I have had cancer, I have a low grade brain tumour, I have kidney damage as a result of chemo and I have cardiomyopathy as a result of chemo.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 2 months ago.

Given your complex history the only real way to figure out what is wrong with you would be to have a complete exam by your doctor.
This is not something that you are going to be able to deal with at home or with an online chat. It is too complex.

I am sure you can understand this....

Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.

Dr. Rick MD FACS