Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, 5 years experience in the field of General Surgery and Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I had a missed period in the month of April and during the

Customer Question

I had a missed period in the month of April and during the month of may I had very scarce bleeding for 10days which was unusual. During those two months I had severe abdominal bloating and nausea. My bloods were done during that period. And a blood test called Ca19.9 came back to be 35. However during the month of June I had a regular period and all my symptoms of bloating and nausea have settled. My GP has suggested a pelvic scan and gyne referral for the elevated CA 19.9. is It necessary?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 months ago.

With all these symptoms along with increased CA levels, it is necessary to get the pelvic scan to find the exact cause so that it can be treated accordingly. So I would say you should get it.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 months ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is CA 19.9 of 35 considered be high ?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 months ago.

hanks for the reply.

Its not in the high range but towards the upper limit of the normal like upper normal is 37.