Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
105673646

Assistant: How can I help? Is this a free sevice? Assistant:

Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Is this a free sevice?
Assistant: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: How much does this sevice cost?
Assistant: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: Ok thanks I'll look on the next page
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: It's about contraceptives
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: What page do I go to to find out costs?
Assistant: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: Before I proceed

Hello, thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.

If you receive an invitation for a phone call, please know this is automatically generated by the site and has not come from me. Feel free to ignore it.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi thanks

How can I help?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I'm a bit stuck for options when it comes to contraception, I have tried the mini pill which gave me horrible headaches and increased my anxiety. I was on this for about 3 months had a break and felt much better then went onto the combined pill yasmin for about 7 months which had a similar gradual affect. Increased anxiety, panic attacks which I had never experienced before and felt better when off it. Then I got the mirena coil which dispute being localised, increased feelings of anxiety/headaches like how I felt on the mini pill.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I've had my mirena removed and am now stuck on what to do next as I think I must be incredibly sensitive to hormones
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My partner wont use condoms and I've got pregnant using withdrawal before
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I'm wondering if you think I should try another combined pill despite the mood swings experienced on yasmin?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I dont like the idea of copper being toxic in the body, or making periods very heavy

Yes, I was just about to suggest a copper coil. I would reassure you that they are perfectly safe with respect to the copper. They can make the periods a bit heavier than normal, but this can be managed in other ways if required and does sound preferable to the problematic side effects you have been experiencing with the other methods.

Alternatively, there is a new coil with a significantly lower dose of Progesterone in it (Jaydess).

You may well find an alternative (lower dose) combined pill would suit you better. The trade-off for using a lower dose is an increased rate of breakthrough bleeding between periods, however this is safe and does not affect the contraceptive effect.

Does this help?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
thanks, ***** ***** read things about copper having a toxic effect similar to the side Effects in was experiencing on the pill. I may give it a go.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Yasmin was low dose, can you recommend any other ones? Or have you heard of the newer ones like zooley
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It's more the increased nervousness I experienced that I cant stand, rather than bleeding etc

Yasmin is a standard dose pill, Eloine is the low dose version.

Is there anything else you would like to ask me?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok thanks, ***** *****'s all.

You’re very welcome, all the best.

Please let me know if I can help in any other way in the future.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.