How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Ben Your Own Question
Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 1936
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. Ben is online now

I have had a lot of sex in the past couple of days as I am

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have had a lot of sex in the past couple of days as I am in a new relationship and suddenly since yesterday I am in so much pain down there. It is quite sensitive sore itchy
JA: The OB/GYN Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. How long have you dealt with the itchiness? Have you experienced this in the past?
Customer: just since yesterday and its painful when I move or walk I feel like it's probably from the constant friction for many days but still just wanted to check
JA: When was your last pap test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?
Customer: I havent done a pap in a while
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no not really

You are most likely correct that the symptoms are due to friction in which case, they should settle naturally over the next few days. You may find it soothing to apply some Canestan cream regularly to the area and this will also cover one of the other possibilities - thrush. If the symptoms don’t settle over the course of this week using these measures then do attend your local sexual health clinic for an assessment.

Does this help?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi! Yes thank you very much. Also, I am 30 no kids, in quite a good shape and I realized I have a little red slightly long thin part sticking out on the bottom part of my vagina and I can find nothing about it online except that maybe it is a vagina prolapse but doesn't seem too likely either. Could this be a possibility? Could too much sex have made that happen? I think I am just getting super paranoid at the moment due to the discomfort but thought I would check with you and whether I should urgently go get this checked or if it is normal. I have had no bleeding or anything just discomfort and burning.

I am happy to review a photo of this if you are comfortable uploading one. However, it will normally be advisable to obtain a review with your doctor for accurate assessment of this type of issue. This can be a routine appointment as I’m sure it will not be anything sinister causing this.

Dr. Ben and other OB GYN Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dr. Thanks for your help. Just a last question, I went to see a doctor finally as the pain is still there and she checked everything and said she didn't see any cause for alarm and that most probably im still sore from the friction/trauma as its still so sensitive. As I am still waiting for the lab results from the swab, she gave me Canesten pessary 100 g in the meanwhile but the residue is coming out as light pink rather than white. Should I stop using these?

The pessaries are likely causing some minor irritation within the vagina, this is nothing to worry about however if you are feeling any increased soreness/sensitivity then I suggest you stop using them - there are alternative thrush treatments that can be used instead.