Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I went for mri has I had injury which involved my hips /

hi, I went for mri has I had injury which involved my hips / pelvis out of line effected quads, sharp stabbing pal n occasional in thighs, when spining knumbebess in right calf n outside foot goes numb. I think they have missed nerve punch and don't accept osteoarthritis when I can see bruising lower bottom spine then bruise over the the left near hip ??
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: not taking anything , just voterol gel occasional paid killers .. not spoke to doctors gave me print out of mri report but the it's very vague I don't think it's right
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no generally fit and healthy I was until I was injured on exercise and not quite recovered
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 14 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.
Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Hello... I understand your concern.
I need some more information please.
1. May I know your age and gender please?
2. How long has this pain been there for?
3. Is it only pain or is there any tingling and numbness too?
4. Is the pain aggravated by movement?
5. Has it started after any unaccustomed work or heavy exercise or weight lifting?
6. Are you a hypertensive or diabetic?
Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hi , really bad if I Hoover,feels sharp, lower back is more throbing worse hen sitting .
I'm 44 female , started after injury same time in 2015 and has been on going since, I can't run like I use to , when I go spining lower back sore but numbness of right calf and outside right foot numb. can't do classes aerobics.
starting after carrying weight on back , also weight around the hips and carrying more weight in my arms.
no to question 6
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please cancel call I'm not paying fee you have fault on the systems
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
can you answer my questions
I will not call please.
Don't worry.Shall I type my a answer here.
Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.
From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that this could be a radiculopathy or a pinched nerve anywhere along its course.
This usually occurs due to pressure or force on the nerve anywhere along its tract by the adjacent tissues like - bone or tendon or inter-vertebral disc (commonly called a herniated disc). The discs that sit between the vertebrae have a tough outer shell and jelly-like center. The outer shell of the discs can sometimes break open, spilling the jelly material inside. This is what doctors call a herniated disc. Herniated discs can cause symptoms, because the jelly material that spills out of them can irritate nearby nerves. Plus, the disc itself can bulge and press on nerves.
There are tests that can check for a herniated disc, but most people do not need them. That's because many people who have symptoms of a herniated disc get better on their own, regardless of what that test shows.
Imaging tests, such as an MRI or a CT scan, can show what the tissues inside the back look like. These tests can find a herniated disc if one is there. But doctors do not usually offer this test until a person has had symptoms for at least 4 to 6 weeks. In most cases, it does not make sense to order the test sooner, because the treatment for herniated disc during those first few weeks is the same no matter what an imaging test might show.
Management includes -
●Pain medicines that you can get without a prescription. (If these do not work, doctors and nurses can prescribe stronger pain medicines.)
●Medicines to relax the muscles (called muscle relaxants)
●Injections of medicines that numb the back or reduce swelling
●Physical therapy to teach you special exercises and stretches
●Spinal manipulation, which is when someone like a physical therapist or a chiropractor moves or "adjusts" the joints of your back
●Acupuncture, which is when someone who knows traditional Chinese medicine inserts tiny needles into your body to block pain signals
●Massage
If not better then surgery might be contemplated.I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what I'm probably asking is can osteoarthritis be a result of injury if the injury ha dnt fully recovered properly
please, osteoarthritis could be due to that, because, the body and limb physiologically adjusts to make pain less perceivable and in the process there might have been wear and tear of joints causing osteoarthritis please.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
if i didn't have the injury, it's quite possible that there would be moderate facet joint? but it's said that would explain back pain ( which is only on life coccexx area) but dies explain the articular symptoms coukd they have missed something on mri? sorry I do appreciate this
It's not that they might have missed on MRI.
I am trying to arrive at logical explanation between long term pain and associated osteoarthritis please.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hi, they didn't find no disc protrusion no root compression disc are normal for my age... it doesn't make sense I agree with you but I think they are missing something and planing it off as osteroarthritis because it's easier ?
If that's the case, I would recommend reinvestigation of the symptoms and a repeat MRI please.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thank you,
May I request for a 5 - star positive rating so that I can get my professional credit please!