Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I've been having so much problems down there non stop

hello i've been having so much problems down there non stop bleeding i really dont know what to do i keep getting put on norethistrone but i am trying for a family and it is driving me crazy not knowing what is going on.
JA: The OB/GYN Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. How old are you? What symptoms are you having?
Customer: 21 and severe cramps and alot of bleeding
JA: When was your last pap test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?
Customer: i got a camera in there in January
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: i was on the depo for 18months last depo shot was last march.

Hello and welcome.

Have you had any regular periods since June?

Did you have regular periods before starting the depo? Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I've had irregular periods since January really but on off then started bleeding for 3weeks straight got put on norethisterone was normal for 3 months then 3weeks bleeding again

So you had normal periods for which 3 months?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Yes then soon as 3months up I start bleeding constant for 3weeks

Normal periods for June, July, and August?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I can't pay 34£ sorry

If that's what the site asks for a phone call, please disregard it. We can continue here.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
So I bled for 3 weeks in April got norethistone, was fine for 3 month normal periods then again July I bled for 3 weeks then got put on norethisterone and then months I'm bleeding again non stop

So no period from July until this bleeding started?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
It was like normal periods like same time every month then this one came 4 days early and hasn't stopped
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I am on the list to see a gyn but I have 25 weeks yet to wait already been waiting 16

It sounds like the bleeding you're having is due to not ovulating regularly. Ovulation is what causes regular, normal periods.

I think that you need testing to check out how often you ovulate. If it's not very often, then there are pills you can take each month that help you ovulate. Once you ovulate every month, you will have normal periods, until you get pregnant.

Since you have 6 months to see a doctor, can you go private? Best wishes.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
How do I check that out do I make an appointment with a gp? And thank you so much for help most help I've had since this all started

I'm in the US, so I don't know just how things work in the UK. If there is a GP that you can see outside the NHS, I would do so.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.

You're very welcome.

Please click the rating stars. Thank you.