Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, 5 years experience in the field of General Surgery and Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am about to start taking the pill, I am getting married in

Hello, I am about to start taking the pill, I am getting married in 2 weeks and my period is due in 1 week, if I start taking the pill now and continue for 21 days is it too late to stop the period for this month?

Hello, my name is Dr Uzair and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Yes, if you start the pill now, it will mess up your hormones so better start within forst 5 days of starting the period and you will be protected right away.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok and will the pill make my period shorter or less painful from starting on the first day?

It can make them shorter and less painful but not necessarily.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok I understand and if I start on the pill the first day of my period I am protected right away correct?

Yes, that is correct.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you very much

My pleasure.