Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, 5 years experience in the field of General Surgery and Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Assistant: How can I help? I am exactly 4weeks 2days

Hi there
Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I am exactly 4weeks 2days pregnant and had a private scan yesterday but the scanner didn’t find anything. I have no pain or anything to suggest there is an issue but the scan did find fluid in POD
Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: I don’t know what this means
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have had 3 live births including twins and one Ectopic
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I want to know if this is normal in scan results or if I need further investigation. Both ovaries looked normal etc and endrometrium was at 15.7 and thick

Hello, my name is Dr Uzair and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

This is expected at 4 weeks and nothing to worry, it is too early to get a scan, You need to get another ultrasound at least at 6 to 8 weeks.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What is fluid in POD please

That can occur normally and due to some inflammation. It is not concerning.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Okay and inflammation means what specifically she mentioned Ectopic so was scared
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Your help is appreciated

It too early to say anything about ectopic. You should get a scan again at 6 weeks and do not take stress.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
So the fluid should not concern me at this stage

No, it should not be.