Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I have polycystic ovarian syndrome but over the past few

Customer Question

Hi, I have polycystic ovarian syndrome but over the past few months I have had extremely bad pains in my lower abdominal and very heavy periods. I had a period that lasted for 52 days which finished 12 days ago and now I am back on my period but it is so heavy I am losing so much blood it's under every hour I'm having to change my sanitary towel. I am looking to seek private medical support as I am having no luck at my regular doctors in finding out what is going on.
Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: Yeha I am in pain and they go from not very regular to having very very long ones regularly
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not to hand, no
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 12 days ago.

Hello and welcome.

I think you're wise to seek private medical support. With that much bleeding, you need to get it controlled. Most likely that can be done fairly easily using hormones, either birth control pills or by injection.

I'm not sure what might be causing the pain, since it's not likely to be from polycystic ovary syndrome. When you find medical attention, hopefully they'll be able to figure out the pain as well. Best wishes.