Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
105673646

I have changed a partner and after sex with him we've had a

Customer Question

hello, I have changed a partner and after sex with him we've had a small spots of blood on the sheets, I have never had that problem before, should a be worried?
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: great
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no, never had any problems with my health and I get checked regularly
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 14 days ago.

Hello, thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 14 days ago.

If you receive an invitation for a phone call, please know this is automatically generated by the site and has not come from me. Feel free to ignore it.

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 14 days ago.

May I ask some quick questions to help me give you the best answer today:

- What is your age and gender?

- Any medical problems?

- Any medications?

- How long have you been with your new partner?

- Any other symptoms e.g. pelvic pain, discharge, urinary symptoms, painful sex etc?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I'm 21, female, no, no medical problems, not on any medications, we haven't been together for a long time, only have sex 5 times and 3 times out of 5 there was a tiny spot of blood. No other symptoms but its been quite a long time since I've had sex and his size is bigger than my previous partner's
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 14 days ago.

Okay, many thanks.

This is usually nothing to worry about, however it is advisable to have a check up with your doctor or local sexual health clinic. They will do a pelvic examination including checking the health of the vagina/cervix and take swabs.

Overall, the most common reason is a harmless condition called cervical ectropion where some slightly fragile cells (normally found internally within the cervical canal) grow out onto the surface and these can bleed on contact. If this is confirmed, it doesn’t have to be treated, but can be quite easily by the application of either a hot or cold treatment.

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 14 days ago.

Does this help?

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 14 days ago.

Just checking to see if you have received my response?

Is there anything else you would like to ask me?

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 11 days ago.

If you would be kind enough to leave a positive feedback rating it would be greatly appreciated (it is the only way the experts receive any credit for the time spent helping people on this site).

I will still be here to answer any related follow up questions you may have.

Many thanks.