Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MS. Deal with women related all surgical problems including genito-urinary and breast surgery.
5625079

In an exploration that was done to detect the cause of

Hello, in an exploration that was done to detect the cause of excessive bleeding in my period, I have found a 4 mm fibroid in my uterus, I have been told that it is benign, to be sure of it, I will have an appointment with the Gynecologist through NHS in March of the year 2020. I am worried about this issue, besides my husband I am trying to get pregnant. I have reviewed the fees of a private gynecologist and we cannot afford it. There is another way to be able to be examined again and to proceed more quickly to treat or remove my uterine fibroid
?... thank you very much
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: nope, very regular
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: nope

A 4 mm fibroid does not hinder in the pregnancy.

A cancer is rare below the age of 45 years, so it is benign.

There is no worry at all.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi Dr. Arun, thank you for the promp response,which treatment you consider its most effective for remove the fibroid, it is any chance to remove it itself? thank you

You are very welcome.

A 4 mm fibroid is too small and does not need removal.

A removal (by surgery, cauterization or ultrasound) may cause scarring and may affect the chance of pregnancy.

Leaving it alone till you complete your family would be the best.

Excessive bleeding may require oral hormone pills for some duration which will stop the bleeding.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.