Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced in dealing with cases of infertility, sexual dysfunction, obs/gyn
25020506

I just learnt that I was pregnant, what are the next steps?

Hello, I just learnt that I was pregnant, what are the next steps?
Hi.Welcome to just answer.I am caring doc.I can help you today.
When was your last period?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
31st of October
So you are 4 plus weeks already.The first pre natal visit is usually scheduled at 8 weeks of pregnancy in your case almost a month from now.So you should contact an obgyn or midwife and get an appointment scheduled for the 8 weeks.
You will be examined by the doctor and the testing will be done including blood tests and urine test.Dating scan is also done to accurately date the pregnancy!
You should start prenatal vitamins.Eat healthy!
I hope that is what you wanted to ask!
Please feel free to ask any questions if you have.
If you are satisfied please CLICK the stars on the top of your screen to rate me.
I appreciate it!
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you for our reply. I am also very concerned because I drank alcohol before knowing that I was pregnant
Since its very early you should be good. Just stop alcohol from now on.Let your doctor know about that.the organs are not formed yes so the baby should be good.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok thank you for your answer. I have been very anxious about that the past week. This a a planned pregnancy and I did a pregnancy test before the week-end (on the 21st of November) and it was negative, so I allowed myself to drink over the week end (on the 22nd and 23rd). But then as my period didn't arrive I took another pregnancy test on the 26th and found out that I was pregnant 2-3 weeks. Even if we want a baby I even thought of abortion to avoid any risk on the future of the baby
No.the baby will be ok.It was too early exposure and it was not the time of organogenesis, so the baby should be good.Don't worry!
Just dont drink any alcohol from now on,it is crucial time!!
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you. Yes of course know that I know I won't drink any alcohol
You are welcome.
Good luck!
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you, have a nice day!
Please don't forget to Rate my response.
I appreciate it!