Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I went to my doctor and she did a vaginal swab waiting on

Hi I went to my doctor and she did a vaginal swab waiting on results. I have a dull on and off pain in my right ovary it comes and goes and isn't there everyday I've had it since I took the morning after pill on the 28th of December could it be something to do with this? Or bv?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

We can continue our conversation now through text in this reply forum.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

When was your last menstrual period started?

Any vaginal discharge?

Itching, foul smell?

Were your previous periods regular?

Bloating, constipation, flatulence?

Are you currently taking any medications?

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm 26 last period started 22nd December. I have a watery grey discharge smells fishy. No itching no bloating no constipation or flatulence and no medications
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My periods always have been every 35 days and they still are. My doc suspects I have bv that's why I had a swab done but would that cause the dull ache I'm having
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I also took the morning after pill on 28th of December

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all this additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, it sounds like BV, however, the location of pain suggests ovarian cyst or plan B induced hormone fluctuation.

Now I would recommend some self-care measures like
Do a warm water sitz bath with betadine solution twice a day for 5-10 minutes.
Clean the area with DIAL soap.
And afterward, apply OTC CanesBalance Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) Vaginal Gel twice a day.
Wear loose-fitting cotton clothes to prevent friction.
Take OTC Motrin and Claritin for a few days.
RepHresh Pro-B probiotic supplement that balances yeast and bacteria to maintain feminine health with just one capsule per day.

Hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids, Gatorade.

Your swab results would determine the underlying causative agent and your doctor may start the treatment accordingly.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Do you think the pain could be PID?

It can be possible however less likely.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Would it be a cyst if the pain sometimes runs down the front of my leg? What is the cure for a cyst

If the pain is radiating down the leg then it suggests a nerve impingement in the lumbosacral spine.

A simple ovarian cyst can resolve on its own.

Medicines can be prescribed to treat it.

Do gentle massage with muscle relaxant ointment and apply warm compresses on the lower back and other affected areas.

Physical therapy can be helpful.