Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
105673646

Not sure I’m in the right place Assistant: Have you seen a

Not sure I’m in the right place
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No medication
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Went to GP yesterday
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Really could do with some
Advice

Hello, thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.

If you receive an invitation for a phone call, please know this is automatically generated by the site and has not come from me. Feel free to ignore it.

Please can you elaborate on your question for me?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
basically I’m 36 years old female in uk.
I thought I had a flu as all week I’ve been in bed completely shattered and no energy so went to doc she said ya likely to be flu.
But my lower abdomen is quite sickly and sore and I am petrified of cancer or ovarian issues etc. I have some blood tests booked in for Friday next but that’s so far away

Okay, many thanks.

Please can you describe the abdominal symptoms in detail for me?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it’s almost like period pain but I’m
Not due period for another Almost 2 weeks. There is a lot of stomach rumbling noises also and kind of heat in the lower abdomen. It’s not bad pain just medium and discomfort. I’m incredibly tired having deep sleeps at random
Times of the day and not sleeping at night

Okay, many thanks.

Please may I ask how old you are?

Also do you have regular periods and when was the last one?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am 36
Very regular and heavy periods. Like clockwork.

Okay, thank you.

Mid-cycle pain is very common and normally nothing to worry about at all. The most common cause is ‘Mittelschmerz’ due to ovulation (which can cause a small amount of bleeding from the ovulation site occasionally, leading to these symptoms). Alternatively, ovarian cysts can form around this time too and can cause local discomfort (of varying degrees of severity) - these are relatively common and very typically will completely resolve themselves without any help.

The rest of your symptoms including fatigue etc. I’m sure will be due to the flu-like illness.

I suggest treating things symptomatically and it should all pass within the next few days/week.

Is there anything else you would like to ask me?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No thank you for your help with this it makes sense.
Hopefully it passes and my blood tests will also help for peace of mind. Cheers

You’re very welcome, all the best.