Anthony Osula
Anthony Osula, Doctor
Experience:  Diploma in Women's Health (DRCOG)
106915327

Can I take emergency contraception 2 tines in the one cycle

Hi, I'm Dr Osula, as Dr Norm is not available I can answer this. Yes it's safe to take emergency contraception twice in a cycle and you would have no issues.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I'm not sure if I need it I was quiet drunk and he inserted his penis for a second and then took it out coz I said about a condom we continued to have sex with a condom and checked it after there were no tears or anything.

Always better to be safe by taking something if you not 100% sure and maybe consider some form of contraception to protect yourself in the future

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Will it be bad for my body to have taken the morning after pill twice in one cycle

all you're doing is taking a higher dose of the hormone found in the normal minipill, and as long as you dont make a habit of taking it all the time, it should be fine. All it might do is cause heavier or irregular periods

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
OK I will get it in morning it will be 55 hours later what are the chances of it working? My period is ever 35-37 days my last period was 22nd of December so I think I might have been on my fertile period on Saturday 11th and sunday 12th.

It works if taken within 72hrs, so you're covered.
Another option is ellla-one which is 120hrs but not sure if its over the counter or prescription only

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
But going by my dates I probably have ovulated?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ella-one is available here over the counter

It dosnt matter as long as taken within the time window, if in doubt do a pregancy test afterwards. I cant say if you ovulated, but not much you can do about that bit.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
OK I didn't know that. Thanks

If you really concerned about ovulation, then mirena coil is your best option as prevents implantation but has to be doe by family planning clinic, but ella-one just as good
no worries, please feel free to provide feedback ratings if happy with my service thanks

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi I went to my local pharmacy and she said I can't take the pill a second time in one menstrual cycle and that coz I took it the 28th of December I should be ok. Is this true or should I go to a different pharmacy

ok, I didnt know the dates yiu took pill. When did you have unprotected sex exactly?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I had unprotected Saturday 12th January at 3am into Sunday morning

No you wont be covered from the previous pill you took as you're not on regular contraception. Hope this is all clear, thanks.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I thought so but she said as the first pill I took delays ovulation then it wud have been delayed by the time I had intercourse

ok, Its really up to you. I've told you my opinion.